Located in Perrysburg, OH, VON ARDENNE North America, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of VON ARDENNE GmbH (Germany) in North America. The core business of this subsidiary includes equipment sales activities for architectural glass coatings, solar photovoltaics, precision optics, and other applications, as well as maintenance service and spare parts sales, support for project installations, and commissioning of VON ARDENNE coating systems.
- Understanding and training on the functionality of VON ARDENNE vacuum coating systems (PVD) and auxiliary equipment.
- Installation, commissioning, and service of VON ARDENNE vacuum coating systems (PVD, thin film sputtering technology) and auxiliary equipment.
- Developing a detailed understanding the technical requirements and performance needs of customers.
- Supporting customers with identifying issues, troubleshooting, and analyzing technical and technological issues and taking corrective measures.
- Providing telephone, e-mail, and on-site support for customers, also after business hours.
- Documentation and reporting in accordance with company guidelines.
- A degree in mechanical or electronic engineering technology or a similar qualification such as certified technician with a specialization in mechanical engineering or mechatronics,
- Experience in installing, commissioning, maintenance and/or servicing and troubleshooting of complex electro-mechanical systems and semiconductor equipment,
- Basic knowledge of plasma physics and vacuum technology (pumping systems, leak detection), – Experience in material handling, sensor technology, and transport systems,
- Ability to work independently, customer-oriented, without direct support / supervision,
- Problem analysis and problem-solving thinking,
- Providing superior customer service in high-volume manufacturing operations and focusing to solve problems thereby maintaining the corporate image of VON ARDENNE,
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding team spirit to work successfully in an international environment,
- Up to 30% travelling, both domestically and internationally, (overnights as necessary),
- Very good command of spoken and written English, speaking German is a plus.
Then we look forward to receiving your application, stating your period of notice. Please apply preferably online via our career portal on our website.
For reasons of better readability, no gender-specific differentiation is made. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purposes of equal treatment.